On the Menu This Week

Greek Style Cheeseburgers
Vegetarian Black Bean Chili
Roasted Cornish Hens with Quinoa and Broccoli

Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Weekly Round up 10/17-10/23

I got in 8 workouts this week.

Summary I used 24.5/35 Weekly Points and I earned 43 Activity Points.

I'm down 1 pound, which is good. I met my 35 Activity point goal so next week I aim for 40.

Saturday 50 of 26 points boring breakfast, went out to The Tap House for Beer and appetizers

Sunday 23 of 26 points Roasted Chicken and root vegetables. Earned 8 activity points

Monday 24.5 of 26 points Turkey Meatloaf, tried faux mashed potatoes which aren't as good as potatoes but not a bad substitute. Earned 8 activity points

Tuesday 24.5 of 26 points leftovers. . vegetarian lunch that even Ben ate... Earned 10 activity points

Wednesday 26.5 of 26 points.Went out for teriyaki had braised lamb shanks for dinner (yum). Earned 6 activity points

Thursday 25 of 26 points, leftovers. 7 activity points

Friday 24.5 of 26 points leftovers. 2 activity points

I had a goal of 35 activity points this week and I beat it by 8 points, I think I will shoot for 40 Activity points next week.

I did 3 days of the Push up challenge, and did Squats and Sit ups one day each.

Next Week's Menu
Saturday- Out
Sunday- Smothered Pork Chops with Onion Gravy and Parmesan Creamed Spinach
Monday- Tomato and Meat Sauce over Spaghetti Squash with Green Beans with Lemon Brown Butter
Tuesday-leftovers
Wednesday- Bean and Corn Casserole with Skillet Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Thursday-Leftovers
Friday-Lemon Garlic Marinated Lamb Chops with Grilled Romaine

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Plan

I did WeightWatchers once before in 2004-2005. I lost 50 pounds. I gained some back going through my divorce but the good news is I kept off 20 of them until I restarted WeightWatchers in January 2009.

For the first time, I have found a plan that was easy to stick to. Something just felt right this time. Before embarking on WeightWatchers I re-read some books I had found helpful in the middle of my last journey. The books are listed under "Weight Loss" Books on the side bar, and a blog post about them will follow soon. These books helped get me mentally prepared to lose weight and they are the reason I think I am finding losing to be less of a struggle. I am not letting myself get discouraged by small gains and I am seeing far more consistent results.

WeightWatchers gives you a points target based on weight and basic daily activity level. Every food has a points value based on calories, fiber and fat. Then its like a checkbook you start with your daily balance, subtract for foods eaten and add for activity done which can earn you points. Exercise=More Food. Each food point is roughly 50 calories and each activity point is worth roughly 100, I use a heart-rate monitor to calculate my activity points earned.

You also get 35 weekly points to use as you want anytime during the week. For me the most successful both mentally and on the scale is to use most of those points on Saturday night for a splurge and to then stick to my daily points fairly closely the rest of the week. It helps me to know my favourite foods are only a week away if I want them. People can manage the plan however they want but for me this is the most successful. When I'm working out a lot I try to eat some of those activity points as well. Ironically I get much smaller losses the weeks I don't eat those points on Saturday, maybe it shakes up my metabolism, who knows I just know it works

Finally my last key to my plan is attending meetings. It helps keep me accountable and on track.

Weight Loss Slideshow